Date(s) - Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - Wednesday, September 9, 2020
09:00 - 17:00
Categories No Categories
The Cambridge Journal of Economics 2020 conference is to be held at Newnham College, Cambridge. The conference will provide a forum for the presentation of work that advances heterodox economics. The conference will be held on 8 and 9 September 2020. There will be a conference dinner on the evening of 8 September 2020.
Submissions of abstracts (maximum 500 words) are welcomed in any area of heterodox economics and related social science disciplines. The conference is looking to cover a broad range of topics including the following themes:
- Industrial Organisation, Strategy & Development
- Philosophy & Methodology
- Social Ontology
- Methods for Investigating Phenomena generated in Open Social Systems
- International / Comparative Political Economy
- Economic Growth and Development
- Inequality / Poverty
- Economic History
- History of Economic Thought
- Gender, Employment & Job Quality
- Feminist Economics
- Monetary Theory & Institutions
- Financialisation and de-financialisation
- The Futures of Capitalism and of Globalization
- Keynes for Today
- Post-Keynesian Macroeconomics
- Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development
- The Place of Digital Information Technologies in the Economy
- The Future of Economics Teaching
CALL FOR PAPERS SUBMISSIONS
Submissions of abstracts (maximum 500 words) are welcomed in any area of heterodox economics and related social science disciplines. The conference organisers are particularly interested to receive submissions that relate to the themes listed above. Submitted abstracts will be considered by the Editorial Board of the Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Abstract submission deadline: 6th January 2020
Please send your abstract as a Word attachment by email directly to CJE2020@cpes.org.uk.
Please indicate at the top of the page the topic (or topics) from the above list to which your abstract relates.
Further details for the Call for Papers are on CJE2020 Call for Papers Flyer.
Notification of acceptance by 6th March 2020
All conference attendees must register for the conference beforehand. The conference is being sponsored by the The Cambridge Journal of Economics and so the registration fees are subsidised. Please register by booking a delegate place, see the booking section below. Please note that accommodation is not included in the delegate fees and should be booked separately, see ACCOMMODATION below.
The conference will take place in the Cynthia Beerbower Room, Newnham College, Cambridge CB3 9DF. Please note that there is limited parking onsite see the Parking in Cambridge web page and the Finding the College webpage for further directions to the College.
Please note that accommodation in Cambridge at this time of year is very limited and we would suggest that you book your accommodation as soon as you register your delegate place. There is limited accommodation available in the conference venue, which should be booked directly with Newnham College via email@example.com. Alternative accommodation suggestions include:
- Other University College rooms (www.universityrooms.com )
- Doubletree Hotel (www.doubletreecambridge.com)
- Hotel du Vin (www.hotelduvin.com/locations/cambridge/)
- Royal Cambridge Hotel (www.theroyalcambridgehotel.co.uk)
- Hilton Cambridge City Centre (www3.hilton.com)
CAMBRIDGE JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS
The Cambridge Journal of Economics was first published in March 1977. The journal publishes papers from across the full range of heterodox perspectives, providing a forum for theoretical, applied, policy relevant, interdisciplinary, history of thought and methodological work. It has a strong emphasis on the promotion of realistic analysis, the development of critical perspectives, the deployment of innovative empirical methods and the construction of policy.
CONFERENCE SUPPORTERS INCLUDE:
Any enquiries regarding the conference should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org